Kid's Owl and the Pussycat Glove Craft

When I was invited by the lovely Maggy Woodley from the blog Red Ted Art to join in on an Australian virtual book tour, I was so excited! Even more exciting was being sent an excerpt from her book Red Ted Art: Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids to create for this post!
When selecting an art and craft book for the children I consider the book very carefully. What I look for are projects that are simple, require no or a little adult help, use easily sourced materials (recycled preferably) and have a purpose to them. Maggy delivers this and more! This book is fantastic as it is full of projects that can be played with!
Kid's Owl and the Pussycat Glove Craft
I am totally obsessed with owls, in fact, I am currently on a mission called '40 for 40'. The goal is to collect 40 owls by my 40th birthday in May next year (between you and me, I think I've already achieved it). To increase the challenge of this mission some of these owls need to be handmade, so when I received my excerpt and it was The Owl and the Pussycat I knew that was the project for me! Yeah, okay I did say this was a kids craft book but this is OWLS! Anyway, I am totally going to create this for the kids (don't us crafty mama's ALWAYS create for others and never for ourselves).
Kid's Owl and the Pussycat Glove Craft
Strawberry just loves the softness of the gloves.
Maggy Woodley has kindly allowed me to share with you the instructions for making this gorgeous craft. (Ummm, obviously the craft is not by me but that's just how Scribd embeds into blogger. The following is extracted from Red Ted Art by Maggy Woodley).

Following Maggy's instructions provides a project that children of all ages can be involved in. Pop over to Picklebum's and catch up with how she involved her kids in completing this project. (Link provided when Picklebum's post goes live).

Sunday 16 June: Laughing Kids Learn's Book review

Monday 17 June: One Perfect Day  
Friday 21 June: Picklebums 
Saturday 22 June: Mummy Musings and Mayhem  
Monday 24 June: My Little Bookcase 
Tuesday 25 June: At Home with Ali  
Wednesday 26 June: Everyday Story 
Thursday 27 June: Learn with Play at Home  
Thursday 27 June: Lessons Learnt Journal 
Friday 28 June: Wildlife Fun 4 Kids 
TBC: Learning to Play and Playing to Learn 

1 comment:

  1. Love that photo of strawberry Amie..so cute!!And your owl and pussycat turned out brilliantly...i want to make some now hehe!

    ReplyDelete

*Due to spam overload I am now moderating comments*

Thanks for popping in! Please feel free to chime in with any comments, suggestions or ideas. I love reading your comments :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...