Welcome to another Triple T Mum sanity tip! This week it is about organising an everyday bag and ten essential items to have in it when out and about with three under three!
I use a back pack as my everyday/nappy bag and totally love it! I started using it as soon as the twins were born. It works because I am hands free to deal with any situation when out and about. It also works because of all the handy little extra pockets you get with a backpack and the mesh pockets work great for keeping water bottles in.
Apart from the essential items of nappies, wipes, change mat and change of clothes which are already in the bag, I also consider the following ten items absolutely essential to have on hand at all times.
Ten Essential Items In Our Everyday Bag
1.Sunscreen. I have been caught out to many times that I now have sunscreen in my car, in my bag and in our going out bag. You just can't take chances with kids skin here, even in winter!
2. Insect repellent. Sometimes we're out and about at dusk and this stuff is a god-send to have on hand.
3. Mini Etch-a-Sketch pad. Entertainment when stuck waiting somewhere or when catching up with a friend at a cafe.
4. Tissues. So many uses!
5. I-Spy bag. I have a list of what's in the bag and Chook has to find the object. The babies just like to fiddle and look.
6. Finger puppets. Iggle Piggle (not pictured) and a Tombliboo finger puppet 'sing' and 'chat'. Great distraction objects!
7. Toy mobile phone. When you can't use Mummy's.
8. Hair clips. Strawberry's hair is starting to come over into her eyes, so hair clips are great for sweeping it back. You can never have too many hair clips!
9. Hand sanitiser. There are so many bugs around, especially in winter. I mainly use it but if one of the kids has touched something icky I'll use a little bit on their hands.
10. Plastic bags. Wet clothes. Dirty cloth nappies. Carry bag. Shopping bag. Gotta have them!
What's in your everyday bag?
Want more! For extra content or to just keep up with the mayhem, like Triple T Mum's Facebook page!